Sunday, October 17, 2010

I'm BACK and with a vengeance



Happy weekend lovelies! I am so sorry for the lack of posting, I have been INSANELY busy with moving to Michigan and starting a new job! Not only did E (and I emphasis on the E part) drive straight through the night while I slept. I moved from 80 degree weather to 40 degree weather, within 201 hours! eek! So on top of flying to Chicago for my first week of work, I managed to get sick, and when I say sick I mean like HARDCORE sick! Bedridden for 3 days sick! So luckily I am felling better today! Well enough to share some of my recent conquests! Well in the midst of unpacking from the move and repacking for Chicago, E and I managed to find the perfect little apartment downtown! :) Here are a few pics.

street view of our building! 


entrance with exposed Iron.

The scariest elevator I have EVER seen! 

anddd my princess doorknobs! :) Gotta have a little GLAM.

It's a studio so it looks small but it's perfect size. We are going to put up some faux walls to create a bedroom and just VAMP it up! Can't wait to show you the final product! 

The town we chose is so perfect! It's a younger crowd (25-35) and it's an art/fashion district. My sisters and I were cruising the streets and a random fashion show started! 
Anna & Alexa :) The Blonde Army as E calls us.

I think it was a recycled fashion show, all of the outfits were made of recyclable items (newspaper, magazines, trash bags... and they actually looked really chic!) 

I promise I will be posting more!!! Hope all of you are having a wonderful Sunday!!!

10 comments:

  1. You moved to Michigan!! Yay! I am from Michigan!? Where did you move!!?! How exciting?! Looks like Ann Arbor to me from the pics! :)

    Keep in touch! Happy Moving!

    www.justcherishtoday.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the move going wonderfully. Looks like a great town!

    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooow i love last pic!!

    HTTP://FASHIONUANCE.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. that door knob is gorgeous! haha! i love it! princess door knob :)

    Janelle
    http://barestudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new apartment is gorgeous! And I absolutely LOVE Chicago -- such a fab place to live.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your apartment looks great! I gotta admit, I'm a leeeetle jealous of the princess doorknobs.
    So glad to read your are adjusting nicely to your new home.

    Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your big move and new job! Your new apartment is fabulous. It has so much character and charm. Those doorknobs are awesome. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete